What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small snippet of text that a website asks your browser to store. All cookies have expiration dates in them that determine how long they stay in your browser. Cookies can be removed in two ways: automatically, when they expire, or when you manually delete them. We've included more details below to help you understand what kinds of cookies we use.
Yes, with the primary purpose to make our website work more effectively.
What are session and persistent cookies?
- Session Cookies: These are temporary cookies that expire (and are automatically erased) whenever you close your browser. An example of how we use session cookies is to grant access to Authorized User content.
- Persistent Cookies: These usually have an expiration date far into the future and thus stay in your browser until they expire, or until you manually delete them. We use persistent cookies to better understand usage patterns so we can improve the site for our customers, and to monitor user license agreement compliance.
There are also limited third-party cookies on the site. These cookies could be session or persistent and are set by entities other than Empirasign.com. To ensure compliance with our policies, we restrict the use of third-party cookies to trusted partners of Empirasign.com.
For example, we currently allow:
- Essential Cookies: These cookies are all first party cookies that are essential for the operation of our website. For example, some cookies allow us to identify subscribers and ensure they can access the subscription pages.
- Functional Cookies: Functional cookies also make sure the website looks consistent as well as allowing us to analyze site usage so we can measure and improve performance. We use a functional cookie to remember your username at the login screen. In addition, we use functional cookies for Audience measurement and validation. We use services such as Google Analytics and MixPanel to understand how many people visit us and what is popular, which helps us improve the website. These analytics providers may change on a time to time basis.
- Advertising Cookies: There are also other limited third-party cookies on the site that fall into the 'Advertising cookies' category. These cookies could be session or persistent and are set by entities other than Empirasign.com. To ensure compliance with our policies, we restrict the use of third-party cookies to trusted partners of Empirasign.com. Furthermore, no Advertising Cookies are set or modified when our Authorized Users browse any password protected pages on our site.
You can opt out of these cookies at any time--to learn how to do this, or if you would like to learn more about how advertisers use these types of cookies, please visit www.youronlinechoices.eu if you are based in the EU. If you are based in the United States and would like to learn more, please visit www.aboutads.info/choices. Please note that we are not responsible for the content of external websites.
Do any of the cookies that Empirasign.com use contain my personal details?
No. All the data contained in the cookies that we use is completely anonymous and doesn’t contain any PII.
How can I change my preferences, delete or opt-out of cookies?
Alternatively, whilst we are not responsible for the content of any external websites, we set out some websites below which may help if you wish to delete or opt-out of cookies.
- If you want to delete or disable cookies, see: www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies
- To opt out of cookies from Google: www.google.com/privacy/ads
Will the site work if I disable cookies?
You can browse Empirasign.com with cookies disabled, however your access to subscriber only pages will be greatly impaired. i.e. you will have to log in each time you want to view a new page.
How long will cookies last for?